St. John Vianney Young Adults Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patriarchs

2 posters

Go down

Patriarchs Empty Patriarchs

Post by hmartinwong Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Entering into the period of the patriarchs, we see an incredible amount of male figures who shaped the beginning of Jewish and Christian faith. Given the current political and social atmosphere, how much should be read into this focus on male founders, especially in Genesis when some of the only times women are mentioned are to give birth and marry. Obviously we can't change history, but is there a different lens we can view this period in?

hmartinwong

Back to top Go down

Patriarchs Empty Re: Patriarchs

Post by Rouselle Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:31 am

I know there are a lot of women out there who would have a problem with it being so male-centered. But, I really don't see any problems with it. It was male-centered society, after all.

Look at the movie 300. Very male-centered. However, we know from watching the movie that women in Sparta are equal to men because, as Queen Gorgo said, "only Spartan women give birth to real men!" So, in my opinion, giving birth to and caring for the patriarchs is as important a job as anything else the men did because without the women to give birth, there would be no men.
Rouselle
Rouselle
Coordinator

https://sjvrcyag.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down